Wednesday 16 September 2015

Today's Postal Delivery from Pigeon Park Press

Earlier this year I got up the courage to go to my first Convention type event - Edge-Lit 4 at the Quad in Derby. I'm glad I did too, it was a great day out, met lots of people I'd only met online before and lots of people were met for the first time too. (As an added bonus I came away with a backpack full of books - but people who know me would say that would have been a given anyway).

Among the many new friends met that day were Heide Goody and Iain Grant, owners of Pigeon Park Press and co-authors of the Clovenhoof series. These books hooked me from the off, the back blurb made me chuckle (and I do like a good chuckle) and the stories sounded like fun. My thoughts, initially, were 'this could be very much like Tom Holt in style' and I was not wrong. (The first of the books 'Clovenhoof' is reviewed a few posts back on this blogsite).

Add to this that Heide and Iain came across as really pleasant people (again, I wasn't wrong), their table had sweets and I got a Pigeon Park Press pen - good times.

A few weeks ago they contacted me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing the 4th book in the series, Hellzapoppin' - I didn't need to be asked twice. The book has Hellzapopped through my letterbox this morning (with a fun looking little card game based on the characters too), and very nice it looks too.

From the back

   "The fourth novel in the Clovenhoof series, Hellzapoppin' is an astonishing comedy featuring    suicidal sea birds, deadly plagues, exploding barbecues, dancing rats, magical wardrobes, King Arthurs American Descendants, mole-hunting monks, demonic possession and way too much seaweed beer."

So, if you are looking for a good chuckle and a good story all in one place look up Heide, Iain and Pigeon Park Press

No comments:

Post a Comment